Hitesh Vora, PhD
Director, Smart Manufacturing Advanced Research & Technology (SMART) Lab
Matrixed Professor, Digital Manufacturing Maker Space, CEAT ENDEAVORTM
Mechanical Engineering Technology
559 Engineering North
Stillwater, OK 74078
- Ph.D. Materials Science & Engineering, University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, Dec 2013
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology, University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, Dec 2008
- B.E. Production Engineering, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India, May 2005
- Diploma Production Engineering, Fr. Agnel Technical College, Bandra, Mumbai, India, May 2002
- Director, Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) at Oklahoma State University. Jan 2018 - Present
- Director, Smart Manufacturing Advanced Research & Technology (SMART) Lab. Jan 2015 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Oklahoma State University, Jan 2015 – Present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Jan 2016 – Nov 2019
- Graduate Faculty, Full member, Engineering Technology Division, Jan 2015 – Present
- Summer Fellow - 2016 Office of Naval Research (ONR) Summer Faculty Research Program (SFRP) at Naval Surface Warfare Center – Corona Division (Norco, CA), 10 Weeks, May 31 to August 5, 2016.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Rochester Institute of Technology, Nov 2014 – Dec 2014
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of North Texas, Jan 2014 – Oct 2014
- Research Assistant, Materials Science & Engineering, University of North Texas, Jan 2010 – Dec 201
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
- Advanced (smart/ cyber) manufacturing and Energy management to improve energy efficiency (reduced energy, cost, throughput) for small to medium-sized manufacturer.
- Laser aided additive and subtractive manufacturing and characterization of advanced high-performance materials with emphasis on establishing processing-structure-property relationship.
- Measurement Science of Additive manufacturing: Real-time in-situ dimensional and property (temperature, thermal stresses, Young’s Modulus) measurement of advance material.
- Multiphysics finite-element modeling (FEM) and simulations of advance manufacturing processes with emphasizing on materials aspects.
- Laser Processing of Materials: Machining, Welding, Sintering, Rapid Prototyping, Micro-manufacturing, Polishing, Forming, Texturing, Scribing, Laser for arts, Laser-matter interaction.
- Surface Engineering via additive manufacturing: Metal, Advanced Ceramic-, Composite-, and Amorphous- Alloying/Coatings
- Biomaterials Process and Product Development, Characterization, and Mechanical/Bio-properties
- Surface modification and heat treatment: using conventional methods, Induction heating, and Laser
- GENT 1153: Engineering Graphics - Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016
- MET 3113: Basic Instrumentation - Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016
- MET 4203 or MAE 4010: Finite Element Methods - Spring 2017, Summer 2017
- MET 4173: Additive Manufacturing Processes: Principles & Applications
- Co-Teacher: MSE 5223: Additive Manufacturing: Materials, Methods & Applications, Spring 2016. Main teacher – Ranji Vaidyanathan, Material Science Engineering Dept., CEAT, OSU.
- Pending Course Approval–MET 5173: Additive Manufacturing Processes: Principles & Applications
- Course Development: Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing – Practical Approach (Course Approval Pending).
Awards and Achievements
- Summer Fellow - 2016 ONR Summer Faculty Research Program at Naval Surface Warfare Center – Corona Division (Norco, CA), Mentor: Dr. Subrata Sanyal, May to August 2016.
- Technical Guest Advisor on feature July 2016 issue of JOM - The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) on “Surface Engineering via Additive Manufacturing” Volume 68, Issue 7, July 2016, ISSN: 1047-4838 (Print) 1543-1851 (Online).
- Symposia Organizer - Additive Manufacturing for Surface Engineering of Materials, Materials Science and Technology Conference and Exhibition 2016 (MS&T’16), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Inclusion in the Marquis’s Who’s Who in America 2015-69th Edition, 2015
Major Affiliations and Other Activities
- Faculty Advisor, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Student Chapter, 2017 - Present
- Vice-Chairperson, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) - Surface Engineering Committee - Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division (MPMD), 2016 – Present
- Member, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) - Additive Manufacturing Bridge Committee, 2016 – Present
- Technical program committee member – American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) -ASEE Midwest 2016, Present
- Faculty Co-Advisor, OSU-MET Student Chapter, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2016
- Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), 2015 - Present
- Member, Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE), Present
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 2015 – Present
- Member, Material Advantage (TMS, ACerS, ASM, AIST), 2010 - Present
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2014-Present
- 27+ Journal articles + 7 Conference proceedings + 2 Magazine article + 1 research report
- Total citations: 321, h-index: 11, i10-index: 14, (http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=C1rNl1IAAAAJ), updated on Sept 5, 2017